Thanks for your interest in Kaiser Permanente Small Group health plans!We look forward to working with you to find an affordable, flexible solution for your employees’ health care needs. Kaiser Permanente health plans for small groups are geared for organizations with 1–50 employees. No matter which plan type you choose, we give your employees the options they need to find the right care while helping you manage costs and improve employee health.
Step 1 – Confirm eligibility
It’s important your business meet the eligibility requirements for Small Groups in Washington state. A Small Group is a business with 1-50 employees (as defined under applicable federal and state laws).
- Is your business licensed to operate in Washington state?
- Do you have at least 1 common law employee that is not a sole proprietor and spouse, a partner and spouse, or owner and spouse, but no more than 50 employees?
- Are all employees represented on payroll as receiving wages or commission?
- If you're a group of 1 to 3, can you show proof of being a business by submitting appropriate tax documentation forms?
- Do your employees reside or work in one of the following counites? Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Island, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Whitman, and Yakima.
- Does your business pay a minimum 50% of the average employee premium?
Depending upon the plan you choose, 80% or 100% of your employees must reside or work in the Kaiser Permanente Washington service area.
If you were unable to answer yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to reach out to a producer for assistance in selecting a health plan carrier. For additional detail on eligibility, refer to the KPWA Small Group Underwriting Guidelines.
Step 2 – Consider which solution is best for your business
Which provider network is best for your employees?
Our Core HMO plans offer the highest quality care with Kaiser Permanente at the best value. Access PPO plans offer a broader provider choice, but at a higher cost.
How many plans make sense?
From HSA's and high deductible plans, to plans with straight forward benefits on basic lab and x-ray (LX), our plans are designed to help you offer the right mix for your employees. Mix and match plans with different networks (for groups of 10+ employees) or pick a single plan. We even offer employee-only (EO) contracts to support workers with dependents covered on subsidies.
2019 Core HMO plans (PDF)
2019 Access PPO plans (PDF)
What level of coverage do you need?
Our plans are structured so you can best manage your costs. All our plans include the same benefits, but you can balance between monthly premium and what your employees pay in cost shares.
|Cost to members when they get care*||$$$$||$$$||$$||$|
Step 3 – Begin the quoting process
If you’re ready to request a quote, complete the form and we’ll get back to you.